Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Taking down the High Places

My goal this year is to read through Bible.  I believe as a pastor out of all the books that I should be very familiar with the Bible is #1.  I have learned though the many years of reading through the Bible that you never become to familiar with scriptures.  There's always something to see.

This morning I was reading in 2Ki 12:2-3  Jehoash did what was right in the sight of the Lord all the days in which Jehoiada the priest instructed him.  (3)  But the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places.




I begin to ponder why this verse was written as it is.  Jehoash did right in the sight of the Lord.  This should be the end of it.  Yet we see another note that said "the high places were not taken away".  Why this note about Jehoash's life.  Then it hit me.  God was not just interested in how Jehoash lived but also how he prepared the way for the next generation.

God wanted him to get things ready for the people after Jehoash was gone.  So I wonder what walls am I tearing down so that the ones who follow me won't have to break through?

Am I living a life of character and removing the barriers for others?   Am I defeating the demons today so that the next generation won't have to fight the same ones on top of what else they are being bombarded with.

Prayer: Lord help me not to run from or avoid the battles for today.  Let me fight the fights that can help the next generation. Amen.

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment